Kimberly A Lorraine
We have an open position for a Volunteer Coordinator.
Full Time (35 hours/wk)
Mon-Fri 8:30am -4:00pm, with occasional nights and weekends.
Coordinate and Promote the Volunteer Generation Fund Program with United Way of Delaware and Otsego Counties. Perform outreach in Otsego and Delaware County to businesses, colleges, schools, and other health and human service organizations to recruit volunteers that will offer their time to assist with programs and projects aimed at ending Hunger and the root causes of Hunger. Collaborate with other United Ways to implement best practices. Schedule background checks for potential volunteers. Provide Orientation to all new Volunteers. Provide Capacity Building to program partners. Match Volunteers with program partners. Conduct pre and post assessment of Volunteer Management Capacity at Partner agencies. Attend annual training in Albany hosted by grantor. Attend Points of Light or similar volunteer focused conference annually. Work with the Executive Director to identify synergies between the United Way of Delaware and Otsego Counties and the Volunteer Generation Fund Grant.
- Conduct/schedule trainings and volunteer management activities
- Represent the United Way at Hunger Coalition, Human Service and CASH Coalition meetings.
- Conduct outreach activities and recruit volunteers.
- Collaborate with area food pantries, soup kitchens and all other agencies working with food insecurity.
- Create and maintain appropriate files, spreadsheets and databases
- Organize and implement 3 annual days of service.
- Organize and implement 3 annual Family Volunteer Activities
- Plan and host annual Volunteer Recognition events in each county
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma or GED; prefer at least 2 years of work, life or volunteer experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Organizing and coordinating skills.
- Ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Information research skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Database entry skills
Please send all inquiries and resumes to:
31 Maple Street, Oneonta, NY 13820